Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Kromeriz

Our short day trip on the weekend to Terezin was followed up by another day trip to Komeriz on the following Tuesday. Here we were viewing a museum in the Chateau of the Archbishop. The first room we walked into the walls were covered with trophies of all the game hunted there. It was wall to wall and floor to ceiling. Kind of creepy. Then we traveled through the rest of the Chateau viewing the antiques and many paintings. All while wearing little slippers over our feet to protect the wooden floors. It was a huge home and very beautiful. Then a few of us went to a vegetarian restaurant for lunch. I am beginning to search out these vegetarian places because they are just so good! I hope they're as easy to find in the states as they are here. After lunch we had a scheduled winery tour and wine tasting. I have never been inside of a winery and it was very interesting. It was dark, cold and I didn't exactly enjoy the smell. However, it was very cool. Some of the barrels were huge! They were very old too, aging the wine and everything. After the short tour we were able to do a wine tasting. I think it was good Moravian wine, but I don't really care for wine so I mainly just poured my glass into Tara's after two sips haha. After the wine tasting we all got back onto the bus and drove home. I love the bus rides through Czech Republic because this time of year there are yellow fields everywhere! They are beautiful. Definitely one of my favorite parts of the country. I will always remember the yellow fields.
                                                                    Wine Cellar
                                                         Huge barrels to hold wine
Yellow Fields!
View of Kromeriz

No comments:

Post a Comment